-I don't care what anyone says, the Tarzan is one of the most flawless soundtracks ever! -I guessed how to spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious right when I was 7 -Finding Dory will be pure epicness!!!! -I remember in third grade, our school concert was Disney themed. The first song was "Arabian Nights", and I was given it as a solo. One of the scariest moments of my life -"Be Prepared" is one of my favorite Disney songs ever!
#23: Professor Ratigan (The Great Mouse Detective)
#22: Aunt Sarah & Si and Am (Lady and the Tramp)
#21: Stromboli (Pinocchio)
#20: The Sea Life from Finding Nemo (Just go with this one! Lol)
#19: Sid Phillips (Toy Story)
#18: Chernabog (Fantasia)
#17: Governor Ratcliffe (Pocahontas)
#16: The Evil Queen/Grimhilde (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
#15: Mother Gothel (Tangled)
#14: Lotso (Toy Story 3)
#13: Kaa & Shere Khan (The Jungle Book)
#12: Shan Yu (Mulan)
#11: Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
And now the top ten…dun dun dun…lol
#10: Lady Tremaine & Stepsisters (Cinderella)
#09: Hades (Hercules)
#08: Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
#07: Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmations)
#06: Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
#05: Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
#04: Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
#03: Jafar (Aladdin)
#02: Scar (The Lion King)
And now…the one Disney villain that I believe rules over the rest because she's just so perfectly evil...
#01: Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
I was gonna have little write-ups for the top 10, but then I realized how they were gonna be about how these characters gave me nightmares when I was child (and still do now, but that’s not the point). Seriously, when I was 5, my mom, dad, sister, and I went to Disney World in Florida and had the best time, of course! I got this little autograph book that I would go around and get a bunch of signatures from the characters there (but in my 5 year old mind they were all real! I mean I fell madly in love with whoever was acting as Aladdin! ) but when I came to the Queen of Hearts, she obviously had to stay in her bitchy character, so when I went to grab my little autograph book from her she snapped it in my face and threw it on the ground and walked away. Rudest bitch I have ever met in my life and she made me cry and cry and cry!! Damn her, I still have nightmares from that terrible experience! Ugh! See, Disney villains, real or fake, ARE MEAN! Lmaooo!
Anyways, that’s all I got tonight! I’m gonna hopefully finish out through #26 tomorrow and then continue on to our last part of the countdown! So sad! Lmao!
Oh villains I missed that list. Flawless list. Maleficent is flaw-free. My life is still scarred by someone taping over the VHS which had recorded Sleeping Beauty on it. I NEVER GOT TO WATCH IT AGAIN. IT NEVER WORKED NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I TRIED. FUCK MY LIFE.
Oh I can't wait for the movie with Angelina about her.
70. A Star Is Born - Great song. Love the music from Hercules! 69. Topsy Turby - I wasn't that big of a fan of this movie, so I really don't remember this song. 68. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! - I only really like it when the kids are talking, then it gets boring for me. 67. Mother Knows Best - Ha ha! I love this song. 66. The Best of Friends - This song is just so sad, but I really like it. 65. City of Light - I love this movie! Unfortunately, I don't remember most of it because I haven't seen it in nearly ten years, so I'm not sure if I like this song or not. Probably do. 64. What's This? - Eh. I really don't like this movie or anything from it. 63. If I Didn't Have You - Love this one! The gif... Put that thing back where it came from or so help me. So help me! So help me! And break! 62. The Time of Your Life - Hm... I don't seem to remember this one. Love the movie, though. 61. Down to Earth - Lol, this song had words besides "WALL-E" and "Eve"? 60. Cruella de Vil - Now we're talking! I love how this song is so diverse. I love every version I've heard of it: original, Lalaine, Selena Gomez, etc. 59. True Love's Kiss - For some reason, I always miss the animated beginning of this movie. 58. Strange Things - Alright song. Maybe I just don't like it because of what's going in the movie during it. 57. Trashin' the Camp - YES, YES, and HOLY CRAP YES! 56. When Will My Life Begin - Don't remember this one. Have only seen Tangled a few times. 55. Spoonful of Sugar - Most addicting song Disney has every made, tbh. Once it's in my head, it takes forever to get out. 54. Looking for Romance - Cute... deer sex. 53. The Gospel Truth - Seriously, though, those five women are divas. 52. Out There - May I direct you back to song #69! 51. I See the Light - Beautiful arrangement. 50. Kiss the Girl - YAY!!! I love this song! 49. The Mob Song - I always found this song eerily catchy. 48. Son of Man - I don't remember this one offhand, but it's been ages since I've seen Tarzan. 47. Into the Open Air - Don't remember this one either since I've only seen Brave once. 46. Friend Like Me - TOO LOW! Ahh! You ain't neva had a friend, neva had a friend, you ain't neva had a friend, neva had a friend, you ain't never. Had a. Friiiiiiend liiiiike meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Neva had a friend like me! 45. The Bare Necessities - Also too low! I love the instrumental break down. 44. Look Through My Eyes - Dude. This song. 43. Gaston - Love this song. 42. Strangers Like Me - Possibly my favorite of the Phil Collins/Disney songs. The explosive chorus is outstanding and when it calms down in the bridge, it just hits me. 41. Zero to Hero - Not as good as some of the others from this movie, but still good. Still haven't seen my favorite this movie, though, which is good news! 40. Super...whatever - Classic through and through. 39. I Wanna Be Like You - The music from this film is literally amazing. Love this song! 38. Beyond the Sea - Yeah, it's a cover. I like it, though. 37. Arabian Nights - Best opening to a Disney movie save for one shining example (which is probably in your top ten, I hope). I love that it was also used as the show's theme song. 36. Be Prepared - I absolutely adore this song. The exotic beat, the creepy feeling to it all, I love it! That moment in the film is crazy as well. (And when it appears yet again in 1 and 1/2, which is hilarious.)
30. Sykes - LOATHE this guy for what he does to cute little Oliver, the cutest most adorable Disney character ever. 29. Madame Meduse - It's been YEARS since I've seen this movie I had no idea she even existed. 28. Amos Slade - 27. Hopper - Dry humor and sarcasm. Love him. Even though he's evil, he's the type of guy I'd want to meet. 26. Clayton - Been way too long since I've seen this movie, I can't even remember who that is. 25. Prince John & Sir Hiss - I actually really liked Prince John. I thought he was hilarious. 24. Edgar - Yep. Edgar. 23. Professor Ratigan - I've never seen this movie. 22. Aunt Sarah & Si and Am - I'm just not a fan of this one, so I really don't know who they are save the two cats I know sing that Siamese Cat song. 21. Stromboli - That gif! 20. We'll go with it. The "MINE!" birds are the best, aren't they? 19. Sid - He creeps me the heck out. 18. Chernabog - I've never seen this movie, but he looks creepy. 17. Governor Ratcliffe - He always scared me. 16. Grimhilde - When she's the old witch, she's scary as crap. 15. Mother Gothel - Even though I've only seen this movie a few times, I know this is one of my favorite villans. She's absoultely hilarious. 14. Lotso - LOVE this movie, and this character is one of the most dynamic and amazing Disney has ever done. 13. Kaa & Shere Khan - LOVE these two! Trust in me... lol 12. Shan Yu - Creepy as all get out, he is. 11. Captain Hook - I always found him annoying. 10. Lady Tremaine & Stepsisters - I'm not familiar enough with this movie, but she's freaky. 09. Hades - YASSSS!!!! I LOVE Hades! 08. Queen of Hearts - OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!! 07. Cruella de Vil - The only villan with "villan" somewhat in her name and to have her own song. (Well, technically Gaston and the Siamese cats do too, but their's is a bit different.) 06. Gaston - See #11. 05. Ursula - I see you stirring up the top 5 with one of the best Disney villans ever. 04. Frollo - idek 03. Jafar - Despicable, captivating, and... sarcastic. What a nice combo. 02. Scar - Oh, God, yes! Scar is the scariest villan of all time for me! Long... live... the king. *hides in corner* 01. Maleficient - You know, Aurora is one of the lest favorite and lest well-known Disney princesses, but Maleficient is one of the most likely and most well-known Disney villans of all time. You can't exaplain that!
As I said earlier, Brave has become one of my favorite movies and the music in the movie was just epic! This song in particular is so flippin’ amazing! Once I saw this scene in the theater, I knew that this movie was going to be one of my favorites! “I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind and touch the sky.” #33: “God Help The Outcasts” (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. The entire score and soundtrack to this movie is f**king flawless. That’s all I can say! Such a tragic and beautiful song this is! “I ask for love I can possess.” #32: “Two Worlds” (Tarzan)
Part of me is kicking myself for not having this in the top 10 because it’s such a f**king masterpiece, but the next 30 songs are so perfect and amazing and seriously define my childhood and life that this just barely, and I mean barely, didn’t make it. It’s so perfect though, even though the movie horrified me when I was a child! Those nightmares of Oogie Boogie…. :’( </3 “Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.” #30: “Something There” (Beauty and the Beast)
Ugh, this movie is…I just have no words for it. Love everything about it and this song is so flippin’ cute! Shows that anyone and everyone is beautiful in one way or another and watching the scene between Belle and Beast is so adorable!!! <3 Ugh I have to go watch this movie right now! So frickin’ perfect!!! “New and a bit alarming. Who’d have ever thought that this could be…” #29: “Poor Unfortunate Souls” (The Little Mermaid)
Ugh, Ursula scared the bejesus out of me (and still does!), but no one can deny the fact of how perfect this song is. The way she powers through the song and just takes Ariel’s voice! Omg rude, bitchy, and amazing! Love it! “What I want from you is…that’s right…” #28: “Heaven’s Light/Hellfire” (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Such a depressing song, tbqh. Seriously makes me depressed every time I listen to it, but it is an incredible song and I love it anyways! “Why is my reflection someone I don’t know?” #26: “Just Around The Riverbend” (Pocahontas)
Ugh, I love this song! So many of these past songs were so hard to place in this countdown because of how perfect they are and how relatable they can be. This song was the hardest one for me to not place in the top 25 because I love it so much and it still kind of fits my life perfectly. Beautiful song in a beautiful scene in the movie! “Or do you still wait for me, Dream Giver, just around the riverbend…” Well there we go! I promised ya’ll I’d make it up to you for disappearing for a month or whatever. I feel like I kind of rushed through this, so my little write-ups are beyond lame, but oh well! Next ones will be much more in depth! <3 Anyways, up next is my top 10 favorite Disney Princesses, a tribute to my mom, and the top 25 songs in my glorious countdown! Now remember, this is just based on my personal preferences, so when your favorite songs don’t show up, well too bad on you for not liking my songs more! Lol Hope you enjoy these next few songs and are able to remember some good childhood memories! Or even recent memories because, let’s be real, who still doesn’t love to curl up each night and watch a Disney movie, sing-a-long the entire time, stuff yourself full of ice cream, and curl up all alone on your couch and fall asleep…alone….yeah, my life is AWESOME!
35. Why Should I Worry - Don't mind me, just singing the ENTIRE song in my head right now! You can wear the CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!! The music in the movie is too epic. 34. Touch the Sky - Honestly, I don't remember this one either. 33. God Help the Outcasts - Grr... I don't know this one either. 32. Two Worlds - Decent song. Not one of my favorites, but good. That gif, though. :') Though, the scene that immediately follows it is scary as f**k. 31. This Is Halloween - Oh, more NBC... yay. *sarcasm* This song isn't that bad, though. 30. Something There - Cute song. Not one of my favorites from the film, but still good. 29. Poor Unfortunate Souls - YES!!!!!!!!!!!! 28. Heaven’s Light/Hellfire - Hunchback has too many songs... 27. Reflection - Easily one of my favorite Disney songs ever. 26. Just Around the Riverbend - I really only enjoy the chorus because it's so fast paced and fun, but the rest is meh.
A few of my utmost favorites still haven't been listed! Makes me excited!
Like I've said before, Pooh was pretty much my best friend when I was a kid. When I was a toddler, my dad would always read me Winnie the Pooh books before I went to bed and I swear I had (and still have) every Pooh character in giant stuffed animals and they would always sleep with me. One of my favorites songs as a kid and as an adult. It's one of those songs that seriously brings back so many childhood memories and I love it! Too perfect! #24: “You've Got A Friend In Me” (Toy Story)
How can you not love this song? As if the movie couldn't get any more flawless, it produces this brilliant song. Every child imagined that their toys could come to life and this movie made it so much more real. I mean I'd sing this song to my stuffed elephant and other favorite toys and pretend I was Andy, and although that may make me weird, I think it makes me awesome! It's just a great, iconic song! #23: “Go The Distance” (Hercules)
Ugh, I just love this song. As a lost and confused kid at times, this song helped me out! I just love everything about it! The kind of cheesy lyrics, the awesome production, the whole thing! <3 I haven't seen this movie in so long it feels like, I must go do that now! lol #22: “I Just Can't Wait To Be King” (The Lion King)
Ummm...how perfect of a song? Seriously one of the most fun scenes and songs from any Disney movie. So much fun!!! My neighbor probably thinks I'm insane right now since I'm seriously singing this so loudly right now! Gah love it! I remember playing the Lion King game for the Sega system and this scene in the game is so much fun! Jumping on the giraffe's heads and then letting the monkeys through me through the trees. Awesome game, awesome song, awesome characters, awesome movie, JUST TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!! #21: “One Jump Ahead” (Aladdin)
Aladdin was one of my heroes when I was a kid! He was so flippin' cool, had the most fun pet monkey, and I swear I had a total crush on him! This song was so much fun to sing a long too and the reprise of the song is beyond perfect. <3
Bam! I'll probably just do 5 at a time until I get to the top 10 since I love to stretch these things out, lmao.
I voted for Mulan, but I'm very biased as she's mine. Your's is probably going to be Rapunzel, Belle, Ariel, or Aurora.
25. Winnie the Pooh - Cute, catchy, fun. Not one of my favorites, but not a bad pick. 24. You've Got a Friend in Me - Lovely song. One of the more iconic ones from Disney as well. Your story about it is cute! And no, it doesn't make you weird. I remember when it appeared at the very end of Toy Story 3 in Spanish, I just started crying. It just sums up childhood so well. 23. Go the Distance - Not one of my favorites from the movie, but the ending to it has such an epic feel to it, that I can't help but at least like the ending to it. 22. I Just Can't Wait to Be King - OMG! I always forget about this one. The song is good, but what makes it is the scene in the movie. All the animals dancing, Zazu completely flipping the heck out, Simba being awesome, it's all just so good. 21. One Jump Ahead - More like one small step ahead with you only posting five songs, but whatever... Love this song and the chase scene that goes along with it! STILL I THINK HE'S RATHER TASTY!
Okay, let's start this off with this: While I know that Meg is not a "princess" it still pisses me off that Disney couldn't have found a way around it and made her one. She is flippin' hilarious and amazing in the movie and I would so totally buy Meg related items in the kids store! Wait...I don't do that now though...shush! I get enough judgement from the eyes of other shoppers when they see me all cheerful in the Disney princess aisle at Toys R Us! Anyways, how fun is this song! Seriously how I always act whenever I'm fallin' for some guy! Ugh I just love everything about this song!!!! <3 <3 <3 #19: “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” (The Lion King)
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Elton John? Seriously such an incredible and brilliant artist! His work on The Lion King is phenomenal! This song is so beautiful and so amazing. Fits perfectly into the movie and is just a stand-out track out of all Disney movies! Starting with the always brilliant Nathan Lane (Timon) and going straight into the beautiful song. Ugh! <3 I man who didn't awkwardly dance with some chick you didn't wanna be next to during a middle school dance because you'd rather be dancing with the cute guy across the gym? Oh, just me? Eh, oh well! Such a pretty song anyways! <3 #18: “Prince Ali” (Aladdin)
Such a flippin' fun song! Robin Williams kills it throughout the entire song! Changing through all the different characters and the way the whole thing plays out is just so damn fun! Honestly one of my favorite songs to sing a long with, but I think one reason why this ranks so high on my countdown is because of the reprise of this song. Jafar finally gets his taste of revenge and it is soooo evil and so sweet! One of my favorite scenes and favorite songs from any Disney movie!! LOVE IT! <3 #17: “Under The Sea” (The Little Mermaid)
There can't be any kid and adult too how hasn't ever sung this song at the top of their lungs. I mean, come on, it's one of those perfect Disney songs that is just so much...FUN! The instrumentation (and the use of different sea creatures) is incredibly brilliant and that little breakdown in the song is probably my favorite. Ugh I'm jammin' out so much right now!!! <3 #16: “Hakuna Matata” (The Lion King)
Sure, some could yell that this isn't as high as they might want (along with plenty of the songs above), but there's too many flawless Disney songs to have them all at number one. This song is one that would definitely be one of those songs that probably defined my childhood/life the most though. Such and incredible song and the entire thing is just....perfect!
You start the song with those two words....hakuna matata....
You start to realize how perfect this song is and are starting to understand the meaning...
Then this happens.... <3
And the song totally switches over to this iconic, horrifying, amazing part of the song...
And then bam! just over a minute into the song, you understand it all.....no worries!
Ummm..it's not over yet...EW BUGS!
You come full circle of life and understand that life is amazing and as long as you have these fellas singin' to you, you got nothin' to worry about!
Was there a point to this part of my countdown? No.
So I leave you with this:
And there we have it. Five more songs! This weekend I'll give ya five more to lead up to the top 10 of my favorite Disney songs! But those will be given one at a time of course!!! ^_^ xoxo
20. I Won't Say (I'm In Love) - NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! All of this waiting and excitement that I never saw it on your list, and finally the wait is over. But it's too soon. Should be top ten at least! One of my all time favorites from Disney. The scene that goes along with it is great to watch as well. The short, fat gospel is hilarious in the entire scene. Glad it at least made the top 20, though.
19. Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Okay, I like everything about this song except the song, if that makes sense. The lyrics are great, I love the rhythm, and it evokes heavy emotions and all of that, but the song just bores me to tears. I don't know why. I loved playing it in band because it had all of the elements I loved about it but it wasn't boring. I don't know, it's hard to describe.
18. Prince Ali - Yay!!! I love this song! Robin Williams is freaking amazing in it and the scene that goes along with this song is out of this world. Great song.
17. Under the Sea - Probably one of Disney's most iconic songs, and for good reason. The song is amazingly fun and very well put together. The lyrics are fantastic, the production is killer, and the idea behind it is fantastic.
16. Hakuna Matata - I can only think of one Disney song that's probably more iconic than this one, which I'm expecting will appear later in your list (and might even be #1). Very good song, very good message, and it's a classic 90s montage scene! What more could you want?
Some good choices there, Sean- but I hope there is some Snow White music coming up. And what would a best-of-Disney countdown be without the ultimate classic from Disney's second full-length animated feature? (or perhaps two) And maybe another Cinderella tune. I know, not my list. another Cinderella tune. And one from Toy Story 2. I know, it's not my list.
The most celebrated and important female artist of the last half-century. The world has been "hung up" on her since she announced to Dick Clark in 1984 that she wanted to rule the world. And RULE it she has...
Some of the icons featured by this skin are being used pursuant to a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright owners of these icons are Webdesigner Depot (the speaker icons and announcement icon) and Iconshock (the microphone icons, star icon, and poll icon). In accordance with such license, redistribution of the icons is not permitted. Please visit the owners' respective sites, linked above, if you wish to use these images.