Our #1 from the last Ballot Update is still at #1, and it currently holds the lead by eight points (with only #2-5 being within 100 points of it). However, the #1 briefly changed after fearlessarrow's list to a song that had never held that position yet (and it held the lead by just one point after his list).
24 songs currently hold at least 1000 points. Meanwhile, 11 songs have not reached 500 points yet.
The song with the highest SD continues changing, and the current highest SD is now at #43, while the song with the lowest SD has changed for the first time in a while - the new lowest SD is currently at #71.
As for movers: a song that was in the top 10 in the last Ballot Update has now fallen out of the top 20, the highest increase since the last Ballot Update is a song that moved up by 17 spots, and the biggest drop is a song that fell 20 spots (from a bare top 50 to just outside of the bottom 30)!
#100 is still #100, and it's currently behind #99 by 38 points.
And now, it's time for Pulse's Favorite Part of the Ballot Update...
We currently have ties at #16, #21, #29, #36, #45, and #48 (three-way). That's right, they're all in the top 50.
A previous #1 returned to the top with Leo ◕‿◕)'s list, and it has stayed there throughout the Ballot Update. It currently leads by 21 points. The margins between #2 and #4 are about 20 points between each song...and then #4 is 74 points ahead of #5.
The top 48 have at least 1000 points, with the top 4 having at least 1500 points. Meanwhile, the bottom 4 still haven't reached 500 points.
Both the highest increase and decrease for a single song since the last Ballot Update are by 15 spots.
The song with the highest SD is the same one from the last Ballot Update, and it's currently at #36. Meanwhile, we have another new lowest SD, and it's at #59.
The #100 still has not changed, and it currently trails #99 by 34 points.
And as always, let's end with Pulse's Favorite Part of the Ballot Update...
This is an interesting one. We've got ties at #15, #23, and #79...and we also have four more consecutive sets of ties! We also have ties at #26, #28, #30, and #32.
Let's start off with the most important change here - with Az Paynter's list, we have a brand new #1! It has stayed there with beno's list, and it currently holds the lead by 22 points. #3 is fairly close too - only 10 points behind #2 (and therefore 32 behind #1), but everything gets distant after that with #4 being 89 points away from #3.
The three top 10 constants that I mentioned a while back still have not left the top 10 at all - in fact, one song has never gotten below #3 so far.
The biggest change with a single song since the last Ballot Update is a song that fell down by 14 spots; the highest increase comes from two songs that went up by 11 spots.
64 songs currently hold at least 1000 points, with the top 10 all having at least 1500 points. Meanwhile, our bottom 2 have still not reached 500 points yet.
Speaking of our bottom 2, the margin between our #99 and #100 just continues growing. #100 is currently 52 points behind #99...and #99 is currently 74 points behind #98, so it's not even close for those two.
And finally, let's end with Pulse's Favorite Part of the Ballot Update...
We currently have ties at #12, #21, #30, #67, and #91.
Gather around, everyone, because it's time for another (and what might be this rankdown's final) BALLOT UPDATE!
We've got a pretty exciting cast here too. This ballot update stars rowellfarm490...gravey...and Green Baron 2.0! (I've also received a list from Red. If I decide to do another Ballot Update, his list will be leading it off.)
Let's kick things off with the most important part of this Ballot Update - more #1 changes! We had a different #1 after each of these three lists - the #1 in the previous Ballot Update remained there with rowellfarm490's list, followed by a previous #1 returning to #1 with gravey's list...only to be dethroned by yet another former #1 with Green Baron 2.0's list! It currently holds the lead by 14 points. After that...#3 is just one point behind #2 - and it's not even close after that, as #4 is over 100 points behind #3.
With Green Baron 2.0's list, our top 3 became the first songs to reach 2000 points! The top 26 currently have at least 1500 points, and only 23 songs have not reached 1000 points (they've all reached 500 points by now).
Both the highest increase and decrease for a single song compared to the last Ballot Update are 8 spots.
There's finally some hope for #100 breaking out of the #100 spot, as it's now only 9 points behind #99. It's not very close after that, though - #98 is 70 points ahead of #99.
The highest standard deviation as of now has to be one of the highest standard deviations I've ever seen in a rankdown - 36.03. Wonder how much that number will change within the next 27 hours.
And let's end the Ballot Update with something that no Ballot Update is complete without...
Not many ties this late in the process - we've only got ties at #53 and #91.
Just going to note this beforehand - I'm planning to use the same reveal schedule that I used in 2008 Alt, barring any last-minute changes. For a refresher: #100-86: Friday, January 19th - between 10 PM-10:30 PM EST #85-71: Saturday, January 20th - 12 PM EST #70-56: Saturday, January 20th - 9 PM EST #55-41: Sunday, January 21st - 12 PM EST #40-26: Sunday, January 21st - 9 PM EST #25-11: Monday, January 22nd - 9 PM EST #10-1: Tuesday, January 23rd - 9 PM EST
Post by Daryl the Beryl on Jan 19, 2018 0:18:32 GMT -5
1. Which songs do you expect to see in the top 10? Predict the #1 as well, if you'd like. Basically the songs that did well on the Alternative rankdown. System Only Dreams, Feel It Still, Don't Take the Money, The Man, Waste a Moment, Love Is Mystical, Up All Night and Hot Thoughts. Holding On, The Gold and Ran (2 of these 3) may close out the top 10.
2. Which songs do you expect to see in the bottom 10? Predict the #100 as well, if you'd like. Thunder, Ahead of Myself and Something Just Like This are locks. Not Easy, Whole Wide World, Lay It on Me and We Don't Know are other strong candidates. Some of the older veterans and more obscure folk should close the bottom 10 out. (see question #4) I Give You Power should be bottom 10, too.
3. Which songs do you think will have the highest standard deviations? All the Hot 100/pop crossovers, System Only Dreams, Cold Little Heart, Still Breathing, maybe Anywhere and Don't Matter Now as well
4. Which songs do you think will have the lowest standard deviations? Most of the older veterans with no strong opinions on (Robert Plant, U2, Rolling Stones, Sting, etc.), as well as the more obscure folk/Americana stuff (Deer Tick, Nate Rateliif, Lone Bellow, Dispatch, Old 97's, Valerie June, etc.), City of Angels
5. How far do you think your #1 will make it? Top 10
6. Which top 10 of yours do you think will be your first top 10 loss? My #4
7. Which bottom 10 of yours do you think will be your last bottom 10 loss? I think my bottom 10 will be cleared rather quickly, but if I have to make a guess, my #91 or #92.
Post by Doc Party Rock on Jan 19, 2018 0:54:46 GMT -5
100. Thunder - Imagine Dragons This song does not belong on AAA either. Hopefully I just have to copy and paste this when the song shows up, along with the potato gut GTFO meme. No darkened letters because the song sucks too.
1. Which songs do you expect to see in the top 10? Predict the #1 as well, if you'd like. The System, Don't Take the Money, Holding On, The Man, Feel It Still, The Gold, Hot Thoughts, Waste a Moment...and I suppose Up All Night and Love is Mystical. Could be a couple of surprises looming, though, especially with people tanking some songs that performed really well in the Alt RD. As for #1, The System and Feel It Still will have too many haters, so I'm thinking it'll be something that has a lot of support and not really any haters...let's say Hot Thoughts gets its revenge.
2. Which songs do you expect to see in the bottom 10? Predict the #100 as well, if you'd like. Thunder won't escape the bottom ten here, either. Ahead of Myself is probably going to repeat, too. If I had to guess, #100 will be Ahead of Myself, because I don't really see a lot of support for it on the horizon. Maybe Automatic or the George Ezra song.
3. Which songs do you think will have the highest standard deviations? Feel It Still, without question, probably Thunder again, and Say You Won't Let Go.
4. Which songs do you think will have the lowest standard deviations? Probably something like Wasting Time or the Deer Tick song or Only the Wild Ones, something unassuming.
5. How far do you think your #1 will make it? I'm hoping for top ten, but I'd be content with top 25.
6. Which top 10 of yours do you think will be your first top 10 loss? Probably my #6. My #7 and #8, I'm not sure about, but I'm positive that my #6 won't stick around for a long time.
7. Which bottom 10 of yours do you think will be your last bottom 10 loss? Maybe my #92? I'm actually fairly confident that my bottom ten won't last a while.
Some of the icons seen in this theme are being used pursuant to a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright owners of these icons are Webdesigner Depot (the announcement icon) and Iconshock (the microphone icons on the forum pages, star icon, and poll icon). The microphone icons seen on the home page are being used pursuant to a Freeware Non-Commercial License with McDo Design (Susumu Yoshida). In accordance with these licenses, redistribution of the icons is not permitted. Please visit the owners' respective sites, linked above, if you wish to use these images.