Will's Top 10 29/1 1. B.O.T.A - Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal 2. Something in the Orange - Zach Bryan 3. Jackie Down the Line - Fontaines D.C. 4. I'm So Tired - Fugazi 5. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes 6. Danielle (smile on my face) - Fred again.. 7. Delilah (pull me out of this) - Fred again.. 8. Valerie - Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse 9. Ditto - NewJeans 10. Die Young - Kesha last.fm
I love that we are always finding ways to try to get someone to listen to our flop faves. No YOP thread, RT theme, or Games section stone will be left unturned in our mission to get somebody, anybody to validate our taste in music. That is when you know the love of the music is real. Like "LISTEN TO THESE SONGS THEY'RE GREAT DAMMIT PLEASE GIVE MY FAVES 0.0000002 CENTS ON SPOTIFY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD." It's the modus operandi of Pulse so much at this point.
my top 10 songs of the week: 1) Beauty Is Truth - xPropaganda 2) Midnight Legend - Special Interest 3) Wolf - Yeah Yeah Yeahs 4) Walk Home - Young The Giant 5) What Feels Like Eternity - Metric 6) Frenzy - Iggy Pop 7) Everybody's Cool - Two Door Cinema Club 8) Life Is Yours - Foals 9) Should've Been Me - Mitski 10)David Lynch Has A Painting Made Of Flies Eyes - SSVU
Seeing as though this is a big rankdown with 100 songs and considering that I am hosting two rankdowns currently with one revealing sometime in early-February I am going to make the deadline for this February 24th, 2018.
1. Inverse Point system will be used (i.e. rank singles 1-100).
2. You must rank all the singles (if there's a remix you prefer, you can use that for your ranking instead, you don't have to specify whether you did)
3. PM me your rankings. Please do not use numbers. I will know the first song on your list is No. 1 and so on...it makes it easier for me when I spreadsheet it.
4. Submissions will be due by February 10th, 2018.
5. Manage your time wisely please. Deadlines are deadlines. I will send plenty of reminders, don't worry...
1. When Doves Cry - Prince 2. What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner 3. Say Say Say - Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson 4. Footloose - Kenny Loggins 5. Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) - Phil Collins 6. Jump - Van Halen 7. Hello - Lionel Richie 8. Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes 9. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. 10. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club 11. Missing You - John Waite 12. All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie 13. Let's Hear It For The Boy - Deniece Williams 14. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen 15. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper 16. The Reflex - Duran Duran 17. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper 18. Jump (For My Love) - Pointer Sisters 19. Talking In Your Sleep - Romantics 20. Self Control - Laura Branigan 21. Let's Go Crazy - Prince and The Revolution 22. Say It Isn't So - Daryl Hall and John Oates 23. Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins 24. Joanna - Kool and The Gang 25. I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder 26. Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell 27. Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder 28. 99 Luftballons - Nena 29. I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman 30. The Glamorous Life - Sheila E. 31. Oh Sherrie - Steve Perry 32. Stuck On You - Lionel Richie 33. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John 34. She Bop - Cyndi Lauper 35. Borderline - Madonna 36. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart 37. Eyes Without A Face - Billy Idol 38. Here Comes The Rain Again - Eurythmics 39. Uptown Girl - Billy Joel 40. Sister Christian - Night Ranger 41. Drive - Cars 42. Twist Of Fate - Olivia Newton-John 43. Union Of The Snake - Duran Duran 44. The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll - Huey Lewis and The News 45. Hard Habit To Break - Chicago 46. The Warrior - Scandal 47. If Ever You're In My Arms Again - Peabo Bryson 48. Automatic - Pointer Sisters 49. Let The Music Play - Shannon 50. To All The Girls I've Loved Before - Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson 51. Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean 52. That's All - Genesis 53. Running With The Night - Lionel Richie 54. Sad Songs (Say So Much) - Elton John 55. I Want A New Drug - Huey Lewis and The News 56. Islands In The Stream - Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton 57. Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar 58. Infatuation - Rod Stewart 59. Almost Paradise - Mike Reno and Ann Wilson 60. Legs - ZZ Top 61. State Of Shock - Jacksons 62. Love Somebody - Rick Springfield 63. Miss Me Blind - Culture Club 64. If This Is It - Huey Lewis and The News 65. You Might Think - Cars 66. Lucky Star - Madonna 67. Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen 68. Cum On Feel The Noize - Quiet Riot 69. Breakdance - Irene Cara 70. Adult Education - Daryl Hall and John Oates 71. They Don't Know - Tracy Ullman 72. An Innocent Man - Billy Joel 73. Cruel Summer - Bananarama 74. Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung 75. Give It Up - K.C. 76. I'm So Excited - Pointer Sisters 77. I Still Can't Get Over Loving You - Ray Parker Jr. 78. Thriller - Michael Jackson 79. Holiday - Madonna 80. Breakin'... There's No Stopping Us - Ollie And Jerry 81. Nobody Told Me - John Lennon 82. Church Of The Poison Mind - Culture Club 83. Think Of Laura - Christopher Cross 84. Time Will Reveal - Debarge 85. Wrapped Around Your Finger - Police 86. Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp 87. Round And Round - Ratt 88. Head Over Heels - Go-Go's 89. The Longest Time - Billy Joel 90. Tonight - Kool and The Gang 91. Got A Hold On Me - Christine McVie 92. Dancing In The Sheets - Shalamar 93. Undercover Of The Night - Rolling Stones 94. On The Dark Side - John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band 95. New Moon On Monday - Duran Duran 96. Major Tom (Coming Home) - Peter Schilling 97. Magic - Cars 98. When You Close Your Eyes - Night Ranger 99. Rock Me Tonite - Billy Squier 100. Yah Mo B There - James Ingram and Michael McDonald
Post by Cody Wants Out... on Dec 22, 2017 20:51:30 GMT -5
Ooh! I'll give this a try; I know a really good amount of these, despite me not being even thought of back then (i.e. wasn't born yet). I'm preparing to launch a YE rankdown of my own next month, so my list may end up being sent closer to the deadline.
OH MY OH MY OH MY YAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!! Definitely participating here Alongside the Madonna RD (will it ever be finished? Lol), this is a favorite topic for an RD. 1984 was the year I started with my own personal chart!!! In August for my birthday. Eyes without a face was my first chart topper. I still did my yearend chart that year. I don't have it with me unfortunately (it's back in my Lima home), but will be interesting to go back to these songs at this time. Of course I revisited several of these in the 3+ months I was working on my XXth century personal ranking, but that meant cutting songs and not ranking them. Anyway. It's gonna be a fun trip down memory lane, and I'm all for it!
Some of the icons seen in this theme are being used pursuant to a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright owners of these icons are Webdesigner Depot (the announcement icon) and Iconshock (the microphone icons on the forum pages, star icon, and poll icon). The microphone icons seen on the home page are being used pursuant to a Freeware Non-Commercial License with McDo Design (Susumu Yoshida). In accordance with these licenses, redistribution of the icons is not permitted. Please visit the owners' respective sites, linked above, if you wish to use these images.