Pulse Amazing Race - Leg 6: London & Paris Jan 20, 2020 19:08:18 GMT -5
Post by Nick Perkins on Jan 20, 2020 19:08:18 GMT -5
The Amazing Race is a race around the world in which a number of teams perform various challenges in different countries in order to be the first ones to cross the finish line.
And now me and Mylo13 💜 are bringing it here to Pulse.
Here's the rules for Pulse Amazing Race
1. Each leg, the team will be participate in 2-3 challenges, where they send us songs to "complete" the challenge
2. The songs will be based on different themes surrounding the country/city being visited for that week. For example, we could be in France, and the theme could be to send a song about/named after food, since France is a country commonly known for its cuisine.
3. The different types of challenges you'll face along the race are:
-Fast Forward: these will appear every few legs. A team must decide whether or not to compete in the fast forward, without knowing what the theme is. The team who performs best in the fast forward wins the leg immediately and doesn't need to worry about their other scores. Any team who competes in the fast forward but doesn't win must complete the other challenges with a small penalty (i.e. having a small amount detracted from your score each challenge).
-Detour: in these challenges, two themes will be available, and teams will choose to send a song for the one they feel more confident in.
-Roadblock: in these challenges, only one member of the team can come up with a song to send. No consulting. You'll be on the honor system here.
4. The songs will be rated by a rotating panel of judges a la Last Stand, and the leg placement each round will be based on the average between all the songs. If you have the best average between all your songs, you win that leg! But if you have the worst average, you (most likely) will be eliminated. However, during certain predetermined legs, there will be no elimination and the team will just face an extra hard challenge next round (called a speed bump).
5. Leg placement will also influence the next round, as in the first challenge of the next round teams will get a bonus based on how well they placed in the last leg.
6. Teams will be randomly assigned once we have enough participants
We aim for the schedule each week to look something like this:
Day 1: Location + challenges announced
Day 2: songs announced
Day 3/4/5/6?: judges score
Day 6/7: results revealed (depends on how fast judges get their scores in!)
And remember to always stay on your toes, since a Fast Forward could pop up part way through the leg...
So please sign up! We're also looking for a handful of judges to help us score the songs each round so please also say if you're interested in that. We hope you all sign up for this!
1. Nick Perkins
2. Mylo13 💜
6. Adrian C. 🍓
CagedJuggalo: The Return
Princess Tanooki & CagedJuggalo: The Return
willapted33 & rainbow roach
j.franks & shruggie
disassociative & jamesflame
MoD & DistrictTwelve 🍁
SHOOTER & Surfboardt
drakeisskinny & Mayman 🍯
BB💙 & walt91
Leo ✔ & Julien27
13. Lukas & matthewlam
12. The Bad Guys. (Duh.) (cynthia rose & Waffle 🧇 )
11. Team #7 (chrona 🏎 & crazyb )
10. Team Orange (House Lannister & .exclusive )